Group Head Embedded Software (m/f/x) Remote in Europa
Proemion GmbH - Headquarters Fulda• Permanent employment• Full-Time• Intermediate
You are very quality minded and result driven? You enjoy working with people from different stakeholder groups?
Then we are looking for you as Group Head Embedded Software (m/f/x) at the earliest possible date for our headquarters in Fulda, Germany or fully remote in Europe.
With us, you can move things forward. There are short decision-making processes and a lot of creative freedom for you. Our corporate culture is characterized by internationality, diversity and agility as well as by a hands-on mentality.
We are a fast-growing international industrial tech company at the forefront of the IoT and Telematics revolution with headquarters in Fulda. Outside of Germany, we have offices in the USA and South Korea, as well as numerous colleagues working remotely for us worldwide. Our headcount has more than tripled in the last five years from 60 to over 180 employees. With you, we want to continuously develop the company to the next level.
In the Embedded Software Group, we build the software that powers devices which connect to a modern analytics and visualization platform, collecting data from industrial machinery all around the globe.
In return, we offer you
- Intensive Onboarding and targeted individual trainings and development opportunities
- A high degree of creative and decision-making freedom and plenty of room for innovative work
- Short communication channels and well accessible team leaders
- 1on1 focused on helping you grow
- No micromanagement
- Flexitime and choice between fully remote and home office days to guarantee a nice work-life balance
- For onsite work: a modern and open working environment with lounges, kicker-table, pool billard table and team events, flatrate for soft drinks, coffee, cereals, and fresh fruit as well as free parking spaces
- Group Head is a middle-management role and as such you will:
- lead our Embedded Software Teams
- closely collaborate with our Embedded Hardware Development Group
- report to our Head of R&D
- You will hold weekly 1:1s with direct reports and Head of R&D
- You will conduct yearly performance evaluations, according to company plans and you will be able to influence such plans
- You will contribute to the product planning and development process
- You will help establish a continuous improvement culture, for example replacing local optimization with global optimization
- You will define the mission and vision of the teams
- You will actively engage with other stakeholders to achieve strategic goals
- You have the big picture, and you can zoom in if/when required
- You have leadership experience in a middle management position
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- You are an avid reader and keep yourself updated on mature and emerging best practices such as CI/CD, Refactoring, XP/Agile/Scrum/Mob programming, DevOps, DevSecOps, DORA, Team Topologies, Agile Embedded, Thoughtworks Radar etc.
- You are test obsessed
- Strong plus: coding fluency or mastery in at least one of the following programming languages: C, Python, Node.js, Golang
- Plus: experience with telematics systems and CANbus